Head of Developer Relations
RemoteUnited Kingdom, London, City of, LondonMarketing
Who we are
Thingthing Ltd. is a 5 years old startup helping users elevate their typing experience on smartphones thanks to the Fleksy keyboard, one of the world's most popular virtual keyboards. The company also serves dozens of small, medium, and large companies worldwide thanks to the powerful Fleksy SDK, which has grown significantly in the past year. You’ll be part of a fully remote team with HQ in Europe. Fleksy is looking for amazing personalities & outstanding talent to join its fast-growing company within a dynamic work environment. Fleksy is growing fast and we hope you can join our team soon!
We are looking for a friendly person who loves to communicate with Developers every day and nurture a vast network of Developers, Engineers, globally. We expect from you to create a vibrant ecosystem of 3rd party developers, by being the interface between those developers and Fleksy's products, engineering, and design teams. This is an opportunity to join a team of talented engineers and product professionals. Through your work, you will contribute significantly in providing great content that educates our audience and leads to more business.
What will you be doing?
- Creating code examples and working on proofs of concept “to showcase what crazy ideas you can build with our API and our tools.”
- Amplifying documentation, looking for the right examples, messaging and languages for audiences served.
- Writing blog posts about the platform and new features, responding to interviews.
- Internal advocacy, which he describes as giving feedback to the product and customer success teams, and then helping release and iterate on new features.
- Speaking at industry events.
- Community: Meetups, forums, Github and Slack communities, monitoring social media for what people are saying about the brand, helping people talk about their own success with the brand, working with integration partners
- Distill complex, technical topics and turn them into easy-to-understand documentation.
- Develop documentation to support the team(s) with ongoing initiatives and programs.
- Write, review, edit, & organize new and existing content for Fleksy SDK.
- You will make edits to existing content in an effort to improve readability, SEO, accuracy, and keep the content up-to-date overall.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end documentation process, including writing, editing, reviews, and publication.
- You will work with product, engineering and support teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products.
- You will conduct research on industry-related topics and need to stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
- You will write engaging, easy-to-understand and accurate content addressing SEO requirements.
- You will work with design to enrich content with illustrations.
Top Skills Required
- Technical knowledge
- Quick learner
What can you expect?
Competitive compensation package depending on experience level (40k€ - 60k€ yearly gross salary) + stock option plan
Paid 24 days off per year
Company perks to help you work better and grow personally
Flexible remote work
Bi-annual team building activities
+/- 2h Europe CET Timezone.
3+ years of experience with Developer Relations, creating Content, Technical writing and editing, in particular with developer documentation.
Fluency in English. You will need to be able to effectively write and communicate in English, respectfully, and professionally. You can proofread your work.
Ability to work with geographically distributed team members and developers.
Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
Understanding of the software development life cycle and ability to learn product and technical concepts quickly
Structured and autonomous.